This step allows the user to define which mailstorage evidence will be added to the report and to define its options.|
Mailstorage Evidence to Include:
The following options will be available:
The Don't include any mailstorage evidence option is disabled for the HTML Email Message report.
- Include only data checked as "Include to reports": If this option is selected, the report will include only the mailstorage evidence or folders checked in the Explorer pane or messages selected in the Data View pane.
- Include all mailstorage evidence from the case: If this option is selected, all existing mailstorage evidence will be included in the report.
- Don't include any mailstorage evidence: If this option is selected, no mailstorage evidence will be added to the report. This has the same effect as the first option if no mailstorage evidence is checked.
Properties of the Included Data:
Each mailstorage element (message) has many different properties (they are usually displayed in the Properties pane). Not all of these properties are equally important to the examiner.
To add the desired properties to the report, select them. Otherwise, clear them. To select all properties, click Check All. To clear all properties, click Uncheck All.
The Include graphics from attachments (will be added as thumbnails) and Export messages to an external folder and add links options are disabled for the HTML Email Message Report.
- Include graphics from the attachments(will be added as thumbnails): If this option is selected, graphic attachments will be added to the corresponding messages as thumbnails.
- Export messages to an external folder and add links: If this option is selected, all messages added to the report will be exported and each message description will include a hyperlink to the exported file. Select the format of exported messages: either MNT or EML.