Exporting Messages from External Mailstorages
Posted by Jack H. Ward, Last modified by Jack H. Ward on 29 January 2018 08:36 AM
Electronic Evidence Examiner allows you to export messages from external mailstorages and add them to a newly created case using Batch Export.
You can either add a mailstorage file/folder manually or define its location, e.g. C:\, and Electronic Evidence Examiner will detect mailstorages automatically.
To add messages, do the following:
1. Start Paraben's Batch Export Wizard from the Welcome screen, or click Batch Export on the Export tab in the Mailstorage Export group.
2. The Batch Export Wizard opens.
3. If the Show Batch Export wizard Welcome page option is selected in the Electronic Evidence Examiner options, the Welcome page of the Batch Export Wizard will be displayed on its startup. Click Next to continue.
4. On the Source options page, click Add File/Add Folder to add files/folders where the to-be-exported mailstorages will be detected.
5. In the Source detection options, do one of the following:
6. On the Filter options page, define the parameters for selecting data from source mailstorages, such as search in text, filtering by dates, etc.
- Select the type of mailstorage to be exported from the list box. You can select more than one type using the Ctrl and Shift keys.
- Select the Auto detect source check box to enable the automatic detection of the source format. Otherwise, only mailstorages of the selected type will be analyzed.
7. On the Export options page, define the output format and the destination folder for the exported data.
8. On the Common options page, define the common options for the export process. Select the Open exported e-mails in a new Electronic Evidence Examiner case after finish option to enable opening a new case and adding the exported messages to it after the export finishes.
9. When all the parameters are defined, click Finish.
10. The export progress is displayed in the Batch export Progress page. Click Finish after the export is completed.
11. The Electronic Evidence Examiner opens. On its startup, you are asked to create a new case.
12. The exported messages are added to the newly created case.