Thunderbird mailstorage is stored in the Thunderbird folder.
Mailstorage default location:
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
The Application Data folder (AppData in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) is hidden by default.
To investigate Thunderbird mailstorage, do the following:
1. Have the Add New Evidence window open.
2. In the Category list, select E-mail Database. In the Source Type list, select Thunderbird database. Click OK.
3. In the Browse For Folder window, select the location of the source folder and click OK.
4. Enter the Evidence name (opened folder name by default) and click OK.
5. The Thunderbird mailstorage is added to the case.
6. The mailstorage structure is displayed in the Case Content pane (to the left), messages stored in the mailbox are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).
7. The deleted messages are displayed in the Data View pane in the folders they were deleted from. The deleted messages are marked with a red X.
8. Select the message in the Data View pane. Its contents are displayed in the E-mail Data pane (at the bottom).
9. You can view the messages contents in different formats and/or view the attachments.