Maildir is a format of storing e-mail messages used by a number of e-mail clients for Unix-like operating systems (such as Balsa, Cone, Evolution, GNUMail, etc).|
Maildir folders containing e-mail messages are stored in the location defined by the settings of the e-mail client.
To investigate Maildir mailstorages, do the following:
1. Have the Add New Evidence window open.
2. In the Category list, select E-mail Database. In the Source Type list, select Maildir database. Click OK.
3. In the Browse For Folder window, select the location of the source folder and click OK.
4. Enter the Evidence name (by default, the name of the file to be added) and click OK.
5. The Maildir database is added to the case.
6. The mailstorage structure is displayed in the Case Content pane (to the left), messages stored in the mailbox are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).
7. Select the message in the Data View pane. Its contents are displayed in the E-mail Data pane (at the bottom).
8. You can view the message contents in different formats and/or view the attachments.