Miranda chat database are located in *.dat files.
Chat database default location:
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
The Application Data folder (AppData in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) is hidden by default.
To investigate Miranda chat databases, do the following:
1. Have the Add New Evidence window open.
2. In the Category list, select Chat Database. In the Source Type list, select Miranda database. Click OK.
3. In the standard Open window, navigate to the desired *.dat file. Click Open.
4. Enter the Evidence name (by default, the name of the file to be added) and click OK.
5. The Miranda chat database is added to the case. Saved conversations are displayed in the Data View pane and in the special RTF viewer.