How to Transfer a Dongle
Posted by Jack H. Ward on 20 November 2015 03:03 PM
- You will need to first login to our registration site: http://register.paraben.com. You will see the Dongle Manager option on the left hand side.
- You will need to click on the link and it will bring you to the Dongle Manager download screen, click on the orange download link. This will begin the download of dongle manager. Choose the save file option and it will download dmsetup.exe or yes to make changes to the computer. Once the download is complete, click on open to continue the installation
- Continue through the installation process. If you receive the box asking you if you want to install CRYPTO-BOX choose Install. You have now successfully downloaded the Dongle Manager.
- You must plug in the dongle before you proceed to the next step.
- You will now need to launch the Dongle Manager.
- This is the Paraben Dongle Manager. You will see in the upper right hand corner that it has the customer email that the dongle is currently registered to. On the left hand corner you will see the dongle number. Down below you will see the products(s) that are associated with the dongle.
- To Transfer the dongle to another customer’s account you will need to choose the transfer dongle option on the bottom.
- When you select this option it will pop up a box for the new customer’s email address, and then click the transfer button. If they do not have a registration account you can choose the New Account button.
- This will transfer the dongle and any associated PID’s to the new end user and you will get a pop up box that says dongle transferred successfully.
- The new end-user need to use Dongle Manager to verify the software is listed under products tab, and then select update dongle. The Dongle Transfer is now complete.