Reassigning Evidence (Change Source)
Posted by Jack H. Ward, Last modified by Jack H. Ward on 03 May 2017 11:36 AM
When you add any type of evidence to your workspace, evidence is not physically added to your case file; rather, a link to the physical location of your evidence is created.|
Therefore, you must keep the physical evidence in the same location each time you open a case file, or you will be required to reassign evidence.
Reassigning evidence means changing the path to its source.
|Important: If you added and keep the evidence in the same folder in which a case is located, it does not need to be reassigned.
If the evidence source cannot be found, the evidence will be marked with an orange exclamation point.
|Important: You cannot change the type of evidence during reassignment.
To reassign evidence:
- Select the evidence to reassign.
- Right-click and select Change Source or click Change Source on the Evidence tab, in the Evidence group.
- The Edit Evidence Source dialog-box will open.
- Click first button to browse to the source file or click second button to browse to the source folder.
- Select the new source location and click OK.
- The evidence is reassigned.