Electronic Evidence Examiner allows you to export geographical data from a case. Exporting means making an exact copy of data on the computer where Electronic Evidence Examiner is installed.
To export GPS data to MapLink, do the following:
1. Create a new case and add data to it or open an existing case with data.
2. The structure of the evidence/mobile data is displayed in the Case Content pane (to the left), the contents of the selected folder/file are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).
3. In the Sorted Files pane or Data View pane, select a .kml file that you want to export.
4. In the GPS Data Export group, on the Export tab, click Export to MapLink.
5. In the Exporting Options window, set the options.
6. Click Export.
- Export to folder: Click this option if you want to export file(s) to a folder.
- Export to forensic container: Click this option if you want to export file(s) to an encrypted forensic container (for more information on forensic containers, please see the help file).
- Destination Path: Define the location of the exported data. Click Browse to navigate to the desired location.
- Password: Enter the password that you set during the forensic container creation (required if Export to forensic container is selected).
7. The export process is displayed in the Tasks pane.
8. To view the results:
- If the data was exported to a folder, navigate to the selected folder to view the exported data. You can open it in MapLink.
- If the data was exported to a forensic container, add the desired forensic container as evidence and view the results.