Electronic Evidence Examiner allows you to export messages from the selected mailstorage without saving attachments (files attached to messages).
To export messages without attachments, do the following:
1. Add the mailstorage database to a new or existing case.
2. The mailstorage structure is displayed in the Case Content pane (to the left), messages stored in the mailbox are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).
3. In the Data View pane, select the message or a group of messages (using the Shift and Ctrl keys) to be exported, or in the Case Content pane, select the folder with messages for exporting.
4. Right-click and select Export, or on the Export tab, in the Common Export group, click Export.
5. The Export Wizard opens.
6. On the Source and Output page, define the output format and the destination folder for the exported data.
7. On the Export Options page, clear the Include Attachments check box.
8. Move between other pages of the wizard to set the options you need.
9. After all the selections are made, click Finish.
10. The export process is displayed in the Tasks pane.
11. Once the export process is completed, navigate to the destination folder to view the results. When the export is performed, MD5 is calculated for the exported data. It is placed in a separate file with the <filename>.MD5 name.