To perform sorting, do the following:
Sorting may take a lot of time for evidence with a lot of data.
1. Create a new case and add data to it or open an existing page with data.
2. The structure of evidence/mobile data is displayed in the Case Content pane (to the left), contents of the selected folder/file are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).
3. Select a folder where you want to perform sorting.
4. Right-click and select Sort Data from the Content Analysis sub-menu, or on the Evidence tab, in the Content Analysis group, click Content Analysis and then click Sort Data.
5. The Content Analysis wizard opens.
6. Define the sorting options.
7. After all the selections are made, click Finish.
8. The sorting process is displayed in the Tasks pane where it can be stopped, paused, and started from there (through the right-click menu or using the Stop, Pause, or Start/Resume buttons).
9. To view the sorted files, click the Sorted Files tab.
10. The files are sorted by categories according to their file types, and are displayed in a tree-view structure.
11.To view the sorted files of the desired category, select the corresponding category in the Sorted Files pane (to the left). The contents are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).