America On-line mailstorage is stored in a *.pfc file or mailstorage file with no extension.
Mailstorage default location:
Windows 7, 8, 8.1
C:\Program Data\AOL\<AOL version>\Organize
To investigate AOL mailstorage, do the following:
1. Have the Add New Evidence window open.
2. In the Category list, select E-mail Database. In the Source Type list, select AOL database. Click OK.
3. In the standard Open window, navigate to the desired file ( *.pfc file or file with no extension). Click OK.
4. Enter the Evidence name (the default one is the name of the selected file) and click OK.
5. The AOL mailstorage is added to the case.
6. The mailstorage structure is displayed in the Case Content pane (to the left), messages stored in the mailbox are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).
7. Select the message in the Data View pane. Its contents are displayed in the E-mail Data pane (at the bottom).
8. You can view the message contents in different formats and/or view the attachments.