E-mail Examiner archives are stored in *.pmx files.
E-mail Examiner archives are created by Paraben's E-mail Examiner in the location defined by the user.
To investigate E-mail Examiner archives, do the following:
1. Have the Add New Evidence window open.
2. In the Category list, select E-mail Database. In the Source Type list, select Email examiner archive. Click OK.
3. In the standard Open window, navigate to the desired *.pmx file. Click OK.
4. Enter the Evidence name (by default, the name of the file to be added) and click OK.
5. The E-mail Examiner archive is added to the case.
6. The mailstorage structure is displayed in the Case Content pane (to the left), messages stored in the mailbox are displayed in the Data View pane (to the right).
7. Select the message in the Data View pane. Its contents are displayed in the E-mail Data pane (at the bottom).
8. You can view the message contents in different formats and/or view the attachments.