Electronic Evidence Examiner allows you to perform searches in sorted files using special parameters.
You can perform two types of sorted files search:
To perform a quick sorted files search:
- Quick sorted files search: This search allows you to select files with certain MD5 and file names from a certain category.
- Full sorted files search: This is a multi-parameter search that allows you to find data by several parameters.
1. Select the category of sorted files in which data is to be searched.
2. In the MD5 begins with field in the top of the screen, enter the value of the MD5 search.
3. In the Filename field in the top of the screen, enter the required filename or a part of it.
4. Click Run Query
To perform a full sorted files search:
1. On the Analysis tab, in the Search group, click Sorted Files Search
2. The Sorted files search pane opens
3. Enter your Sorted Files Search parameters and click Run Query. To find all sorted files, leave all boxes empty and click Run Query
4. The Sorted Files Search results are displayed in the bottom part of the Sorted Files Search pane in a grid and can be managed the same way