How to Acquire Data from Android MTK Devices
Posted by , Last modified by on 11 April 2019 08:54 AM
To prepare environment for device acquisition:
1. Make sure that the Mobile Driver Pack from https://paraben.com/paraben-downloads/ is installed.
2. Download the DA Files Collection archive from https://paraben.com/paraben-downloads/ to your computer and extract the DA files. The DA file contains the boot image required for physical acquisition of the MTK device.
NOTE: The DA file will be loaded into the memory of the device. Once the data acquisition is completed, the file will be automatically removed from the device memory.
To acquire the device via manual plug-in selection:
1. Make sure that the device is turned off and disconnected from the computer.
2. On the Home page of the Acquisition wizard, click Manual plug-in selection.
3. On the Plug-in Selection page, select Android MTK Expert (physical) plug-in and click Continue.
4. On the Pre-acquisition Options page, click Browse next to the Image file path box and navigate to one of the downloaded DA files.
NOTE: If the connection is not established, try connecting the device without the battery or select another DA file.
7. The data acquisition process starts. Its progress is displayed on the Acquisition Progress page.
8. After the acquisition finishes, click Finish.
9. The acquired data is saved to a mobile data case, which is then automatically added to the opened E3 case as an evidence.
10. Disconnect your device from the computer.