How to Acquire Data from Samsung Devices with Android OS 4.0.3-7.x (MTP plug-in)
Posted by on 11 April 2019 09:00 AM
Note: Only Samsung devices not updated since 10/27/2017 can be acquired by this plug-in.|
To prepare an Android OS device for acquisition:
1. Turn on the device.
2. If the device is unlocked, check that MTP (file transfer mode) is enabled on the device:
To acquire the device via manual plug-in selection:
1. Make sure that the device is turned on and connected to the computer.
2. On the Home page of the Acquisition wizard, click Manual plug-in selection.
3. On the Plug-in Selection page, select Android Samsung MTP (logical) plug-in and click Continue.
4. On the Connection Selection page, select the connection type and click Start Acquisition.
5. The acquisition process starts. Its progress is displayed on the Acquisition Progress page.
6. After the acquisition finishes, click Finish.7. The acquired data is saved to a mobile data case, which is then automatically added to the opened E3 case as an evidence.