About Project-a-Phone Data Evidence
Project-a-Phone Data evidence contains files created by Paraben's Project-a-Phone, a special tool for taking high resolution screenshots of mobile devices. Electronic Evidence Examiner allows you to add Project-a-Phone folders as evidence and examine them.
To investigate Project-a-Phone Data evidence, you need to have one the following packages:
- E3: Universal
- E3: DS
- E3: Viewer
|The Project-a-Phone tool automatically stores acquired data in the following folder: C:\Users\<User>\Pictures\LifeCam Files. Before adding Project-a-Phone Data evidence, please make sure the Project-a-Phone files have not been moved away from this folder.
To add new Project-a-Phone Data evidence to a case:
- 1. On the Evidence tab, in the Evidence group, click Add Evidence, right-click a case node and select Add New Evidence, or click Add Evidence on the Welcome screen. (If you add evidence before creating or opening a new case, the case will be created automatically and saved to the default location. The name of the case file will be case.e3).
- The Add New Evidence window opens.
- In the Category list, select Logical Drive or Folder. In the Source type list, select Project-a-Phone Data. Click OK.
- The path to the Project-a-Phone Data evidence is selected automatically (C:\Users\<User>\Pictures\LifeCam Files).
- Enter the Evidence name (opened folder name by default) and click OK.
- The Project-a-Phone Data evidence is added to the case.