How to Prepare Environment for Importing Office 365 Data
Posted by on 20 June 2019 03:47 AM
To prepare the environment for importing Outlook data from Microsoft Office 365 accounts, you need to use the administrator account credentials to obtain Application (client) ID, Directory (tenant) ID, and Client secret required for the authentication.
To do this, register the Electronic Evidence Examiner as a trusted application:
3. In the Manage menu, click App registrations.
4. Click New registration.
5. On the Register an application page, enter a random application name in the Name text box, select Accounts in this organizational directory only in the Supported account types list, and select Public client (mobile & desktop) in the menu, in the Redirect URI (optional) section.
6. Click Register.
7. On the Overview page, copy Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID and save them to the safe location.
8. In the Manage menu, click API permissions, and then click Add a permission.
9. On the Request API permissions page, click Microsoft Graph.
10. Click Application permissions.
11. In the permissions list, expand Mail and select Mail.Read.
12. Then expand User, select User.Read.All and click Add permissions.
13. On the API permissions page, in the Grant consent section, click Grant admin consent for, and then click Yes.
14. On the Certificates & secrets page, click New client secret in the Client secrets section.
15. Enter the random description, select Never in the Expires list, and click Add.
16. The client secret will be displayed in the Value column in the Client secrets section.
NOTE: The Client secret should be copied and saved to the safe location just after its generation as it will not be shown anymore.
17. To copy the client secret, click the Copy icon near the client secret value and paste it to the selected text document.